Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » duplicate checks in multi record blocks
duplicate checks in multi record blocks [message #83808] Mon, 15 December 2003 01:03 Go to next message
roblvl
hi all,

i need to check for duplicates in a multi record block. i need to handle in this in the When-Validate-item trigger. i know this can be done by creating a run-time record group and popoulating it as i enter the values and checking the values entered against the values in it for cheking duplicates..

but i dont know the exact way how to do it.can anyone help.

Regards
Giri
Re: duplicate checks in multi record blocks [message #83809 is a reply to message #83808] Mon, 15 December 2003 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ani
Hi,
The concept of creating a record group is similar to temp table. 1st create record group with the columns with same data type as table. then start adding the value of the item into record group using add_group_column. Then to retrieve the value for the next time u need to use set_group_column.
pls check for the help and do it.
all the best.
pls reply
Ani
Runtime record group [message #83853 is a reply to message #83808] Sat, 20 December 2003 22:09 Go to previous message
velu
Hi all,

I need help from you guy's, I am creating runtime record group, i am adding records by row at runtime.
while adding first record i not having problem, but adding second row i am facing problem .

vELU
Previous Topic: sub class'd items
Next Topic: Problem compiling a forms 6.0 form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:19:41 CDT 2024