Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Form status
Form status [message #83807] Sun, 14 December 2003 21:48 Go to next message
Ajit
Hi,

I have problem with my form, the form status is always in the Query mode.. instead i have changed something in the first block, but when i made certain changes in the second block of the form, the form staus changed to CHANGED. So it gets saved and displayes the message 1 record applies and saved. But when I made changes in the first block it is giving me message No changes to save, but actually it is saving. In the first block there are check boxes and not database item. In the ckeck boxes data populated when I press one button. In that button some select statements are written. When i check or uncheck the check box i am firing when checkox changed trigger.
In that trigger i m updating the table.

Please sugest me something...

its very urgent...

thanks and regards

Ajit N.
Re: Form status [message #83810 is a reply to message #83807] Mon, 15 December 2003 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ani
Hi,
1st of all the form status will change only for database blocks.in your case it s saving only the 2nd block. if your 1st block s a control block then u need to explicity write update or insert on that or copy the value u need to need insert or update into the 2nd block(database).
hope i have answered your question.
pls reply
all the best
Ani
Re: Form status [message #83813 is a reply to message #83807] Mon, 15 December 2003 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ani
Hi Ani,

Thanks for reply.

Actually the 1st bock is control block and i am updating the record explicitly on when check box changed trigger in 1st block. Actually it is saving the record when i say commit_form, but my problem is that it is not giving me message 1 record applied and saved.
Please suggest me something.
Please reply.
Thnaks and Regards
Ajit N.
Re: Form status [message #83860 is a reply to message #83807] Mon, 22 December 2003 01:58 Go to previous message
sameer_am2002
1 way you can show the message through alert.When checkbox is changed declare and set flag value of some global variable.Then during save check the value of this global variable and show alert accordingly.Hope this helps.
Previous Topic: urgently help required
Next Topic: Multi Select LOV
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:04:03 CDT 2024