Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » urgent:displaying data on form B based upon the record selected in form A
urgent:displaying data on form B based upon the record selected in form A [message #83800] Sat, 13 December 2003 20:13 Go to next message
pragya
i have multiple record block on form A.i want to display data on form B based upon the record selected in form A.for ex this is my data on form A:
start_date end_date
02-dec-03 03-dec-03
04-dec-03 04-dec-03(values of both the columns
can b similar)
if for ex i select second record of the above data block then how can i get the values of each columns of the selected record.i have to write this code on a when button pressed named as link. my data on form B will b like this:

start_date end_date country loc
04-dec-03 04-dec-03 abc 12

pls help
thnx in advance.
Re: urgent:displaying data on form B based upon the record selected in form A [message #83803 is a reply to message #83800] Sun, 14 December 2003 16:41 Go to previous message
Praveen.B
hi pragya,
The first thing you have to do is to get the record you want then assign it to two global variables in FORM A.

say
:global.st_date := :block.start_date
:global.end_date := :block.end_date

In Form B you can have a control block and assign the above global variables to a control block say

:ctrl.var1 := :global.st_date
:ctrl.var2 := :global.end_date

In the block where the query is retrived you can have a Block level WHERE clause saying

start_date = :ctrl.var1 and end_date = :ctrl.var2

the operator can be and or between based upon u r requirement.Now transferring to control variable is a must as parameters and global variables are not acceptable at block level where clause.

There are others ways to it but i am comfortable with this hope this helps you.Reply abt the result

Regards

Praveen
Previous Topic: Forms Server 6i - JInitiator Set up / Web enable form
Next Topic: Urgent: How to commit only one canvas data when i switched on from one canvas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:46:47 CDT 2024