Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » LOV not working properly
LOV not working properly [message #83798] Sat, 13 December 2003 04:06 Go to next message
ramya
hi i created one lov to populate clientno,with name when i am
trying select the clientno only name only selecting to appropriate field.the client no from lov is not selecting and not saving even the name in the database.i wrote this query
in lov rest of the procedures r correct
select client_no,name into :client_no,:name from client_master
but its not functioning properly. pls hlp
thanks in advance
ramya
Re: LOV not working properly [message #83802 is a reply to message #83798] Sun, 14 December 2003 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Praveen.B
hi ramya,
I think you have no specified the return item to the LOV.If you done so and still not getting result please explain bit more clearly we will try resolving

Regards

Praveen
Re: LOV not working properly [message #83818 is a reply to message #83802] Mon, 15 December 2003 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramya
hi praveen
the lov is working properly cos i just give one return item
now its showing(client_no) and name so thanks very much
i just have doughts how can we customise the LOV especially
how can we inform user the staring of filed eg client no strts with c or starts with 1.Whether we can display the field as a list without
pressing a key
How can we set the taborder of fields
thanks in advance
Re: LOV not working properly [message #83820 is a reply to message #83818] Mon, 15 December 2003 12:54 Go to previous message
Praveen.B
hi ramya,
Nice to hear things working.Okay regarding your question.

1) I dont think so you can inform a user abt customer number starting with 'C' through an LOV.Might be you can order an LOV by providing an order by in the Record group

2) Yes you can display LOV without pressing a key.If you want a LOV to be shown during an event trigger firing then you can use the following built-ins.
SHOW_LOV or LIST_VALUES.
or
If you want a LOV to be displayed automatically when cursor reaches the item then you can go for LOV property Automatic Select = YES

3) Fields Tab order is based on the order in the blocks .Swapping the order in the block swaps the tab order

Regards

Praveen
Previous Topic: Oracle/D2K setup problem in network system.
Next Topic: Runtime Change of Push Button Access key
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:44:32 CDT 2024