Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Can I Pass a Data on "Report Writter" from "Form Builder" without saving data
Can I Pass a Data on "Report Writter" from "Form Builder" without saving data [message #83582] Sat, 01 November 2003 10:49 Go to next message
Muhammad Aurangzaib
Salam
I am floatting a problem to every one...

Can I pass a Data from "Form Builder" ,without savinging(I mean No Commit) , to "Report Writter".

Let me explain:
I insert 100 rows into Forms Block and I do not want to save it into database.
Now I want to see these 100 rows into Report Writter

If It is not possilble ... Why ..please Explain in Detail..

If Possible... Why.. Please Explain in Detail...

If there is any tip of showing data .. How.. Please explain in Detail..

thank a lot

itroome@yahoo.com
itroome@hotmail.com
itroome@msn.com
Re: Can I Pass a Data on "Report Writter" from "Form Builder" without saving data [message #83584 is a reply to message #83582] Sun, 02 November 2003 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sameer_am2002
I havent tried anytime but try to check with PL/SQL table variables.Like how we can see the values by passing parameters to the report.Try similar logic to use with PL/Sql table variables.In this way you dont have to save the data.
Re: Can I Pass a Data on "Report Writter" from "Form Builder" without saving data [message #84114 is a reply to message #83582] Fri, 30 January 2004 11:56 Go to previous message
Walt Elliott
It's a real kludge, but you could also try creating 100 parameters and pass those
to the report. It's not the most eligant method I've ever seen but it might work if there's not a limit on how many parameters you can create. Of course, you'll still need to write some PL/SQL code in the report to parse out your columns.

Below you find some code where I create a parameter (the where clause of a select stmt) and pass it to a report.

Hope this helps if nothing else does.

Walter

declare
pl_id ParamList;
WS_PARM VARCHAR2(2048);
bmarked boolean;
begin
if not id_null(pl_id) then
destroy_parameter_list(pl_id);
end if;
pl_id := create_parameter_list('DEFAULTWHERE');
go_item(:global.last_item);
If :global.mark_flag = 'Y' then
ws_parm := get_block_property(:global.table_control_block, default_where);
else
bmarked := fnextrec;
bmarked := true;
ws_parm := '(BUS_NUMBER = '||CHR(39)||:BUS_EVENTS_LIST.BUS_NUMBER||CHR(39)||' AND EVENT_SEQUENCE = '||
CHR(39)||:BUS_EVENTS_LIST.EVENT_SEQUENCE||CHR(39)||')';
--' AND EVENT_DATE = TO_DATE('||CHR(39)||:BUS_EVENTS_LIST.EVENT_DATE||CHR(39)||',''DD-MON-YY''))';
while bmarked loop
ws_parm := ws_parm ||' OR '||'(BUS_NUMBER = '||CHR(39)||:BUS_EVENTS_LIST.BUS_NUMBER||CHR(39)||
' AND EVENT_SEQUENCE = '||CHR(39)||:BUS_EVENTS_LIST.EVENT_SEQUENCE||CHR(39)||')';
--' AND EVENT_DATE = TO_DATE('||CHR(39)||:BUS_EVENTS_LIST.EVENT_DATE||CHR(39)||',''DD-MON-YY''))';
end loop;
end if;
if ws_parm is null then
ws_parm := '1=1';
end if;

add_parameter(pl_id,'P_WHERE',TEXT_PARAMETER,WS_PARM);
run_product(REPORTS, 'MTCRPT', SYNCHRONOUS, RUNTIME, FILESYSTEM, pl_id, NULL);
if not id_null(pl_id) then
destroy_parameter_list(pl_id);
end if;
end;