Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Multi record block with dynamic poplist
Multi record block with dynamic poplist [message #83506] Mon, 20 October 2003 09:27 Go to next message
John Hall
I'm trying to update a block that holds multiple records and contains a poplist. The poplist displays different values dependent on which curr_cd value the end user enters for that record. My problem is that if a user enters a curr_cd in record #1, then enters a different curr_cd in record #2, the poplists for both records are changed. I need record #1 to retain it's own values in the poplist. I've tried creating two different record groups but to no avail. Is there a way to make the poplists act independently for each record in the block?
Re: Multi record block with dynamic poplist [message #83514 is a reply to message #83506] Mon, 20 October 2003 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zain
One record group should do. Make sure that you are not assigning value to the poplist in a loop starting from the first record. The list item should act independently for each record in a multi-record block.
Re: Multi record block with dynamic poplist [message #83530 is a reply to message #83514] Wed, 22 October 2003 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Hall
This block isn't using a loop to populate the list items. The block is displayed in a grid with each item acting as a column in the grid. To enter a new record, the user must first select from a list item (curr_cd) before making any other entry in the record. Curr_cd has a When-List-Changed which calls a program unit that populates a 2nd list item, ni_type, which is the one that's giving me trouble. The value from curr_cd determines which record group is used to populate ni_type. I've also attempted using the add_list_element builtin instead of a record group. Unfortunately regardless of how I populate ni_type, all ni_types in previous records are repopulated with the current record's ni_type values.
Re: Multi record block with dynamic poplist [message #83534 is a reply to message #83530] Thu, 23 October 2003 00:27 Go to previous message
rama krishna
U r Absolutely right..it is really not possible to dynamically change the Items in List box in Multi record Block..u can better use LOV for showing List of values in ur Second Column...

Cheers
Ram
Previous Topic: WebDb
Next Topic: ocp questions sites
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:22:29 CDT 2024