Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » not able to set margine in oracle report and how to use printer file (prt file)
not able to set margine in oracle report and how to use printer file (prt file) [message #83435] Tue, 07 October 2003 22:02 Go to next message
Rajesh Mandawat
hi,

I am not able to set the margine in oracle report
every time I close the report its margine get disturb.
How to use the printer file( prt file ). for different
size printing.

Thanks

Rajesh
Re: not able to set margine in oracle report and how to use printer file (prt file) [message #83453 is a reply to message #83435] Fri, 10 October 2003 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alka
you can make a prt file for your desired size and put it in your /reports25/printer/ folder. name the file in DESFORMAT of system parameters.

alka
Re: not able to set margine in oracle report and how to use printer file (prt file) [message #83460 is a reply to message #83453] Fri, 10 October 2003 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rajesh Mandawat
Hi,

Thanks you very much for the reply.

I make one report of fanfold 8.5x12 size and set there
margine and saved it. but margine is set properly
it again changed when I open the report.

How I can I make the file of specific size. what to be done. After making this ,The margine will be set correctly.

What are the default developer report printer file.

Thanks

Rajesh

rajeshmandawat@rediffmail.com
Re: not able to set margine in oracle report and how to use printer file (prt file) [message #83463 is a reply to message #83460] Sat, 11 October 2003 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alka
Where are you setting the margins?
set the page size in the report properties, they are 8.5x11 inches by default. if you are using the character mode for report the margins are to be set in the character mode tab too.

there are many report printers, but by default 'dflt' is selected. you can make your own prt file specifying the page size, line feed etc. you want and change that in 'DESFORMAT'.

alka
Re: not able to set margine in oracle report and how to use printer file (prt file) [message #83474 is a reply to message #83463] Tue, 14 October 2003 22:53 Go to previous message
Rajesh Mandawat
hi,
thanks for the so quick responce.

I am setting the margine in report menu where
page setup is there because margine is to be
set there.

Rajesh
Previous Topic: Oracle Forms 6i Runtime
Next Topic: Oracle Forms 6i (Summary Column)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:09:22 CDT 2024