Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » commit form problem
commit form problem [message #83426] Tue, 07 October 2003 01:38 Go to next message
sapna
I have a form in which I have a Product ID(Primary Key) and its description in a block. and buttons to save, delete in a control block. If I add a new product id and desc its saving to the database. But If I want to update the description for the existing Product ID its giving FRM-40508 error. I use 'Save' button to save the changes made or while adding new product id. The save button code is as follows
IF :system.form_status = 'CHANGED' THEN
COMMIT_FORM;
END IF;

How to update the details of existing record. pls help
Re: commit form problem [message #83436 is a reply to message #83426] Tue, 07 October 2003 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Venky
Check if you have update grants on the particular table. If not the update privilege should be granted for that table to your role/user.
Re: commit form problem [message #83489 is a reply to message #83426] Thu, 16 October 2003 09:24 Go to previous message
sameer_am2002
Are u writing something else on save button.If yes could u send what piece of code u have written. Coz the error which is giving is unable to insert record and it should not be that error if u are only updating the record.Coz if thers any problem then it should give unable to update record.
Previous Topic: go_item..
Next Topic: question on call form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 15:40:21 CDT 2024