Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to move a text file from Oracle 9i Database server
How to move a text file from Oracle 9i Database server [message #83399] Fri, 03 October 2003 05:38 Go to next message
Ravindhran R
Hi:

I am creating a text file in the Oracle 9i Database Server can I move the text file after creation to my local machine. I am using Forms/Reports 6i deployed on Oracle 9i Application Server.

Thanks in Advance
R.Ravindhran
Re: How to move a text file from Oracle 9i Database server [message #83408 is a reply to message #83399] Sun, 05 October 2003 00:04 Go to previous message
Zain
I am not too clear on your question. If your requirement is to download a text file from middle tier onto the client's machine, you could use web.show_document built-in. There is a new utility called web.util (not certified by Oracle as yet) that can be downloaded from OTN website. I am not sure whether it would work for 6i though. Oracle has posted the beta version of this utility that allows you to perform operations such as 'host', 'get_file_name' etc on the client's PC.
Previous Topic: how to skip log on screen
Next Topic: Oracle Installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:20:28 CDT 2024