Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Triggers
Triggers [message #83390] Fri, 03 October 2003 02:38 Go to next message
shailly
I want to know which trigger property to set so that I can alter the trigger precedence. eg. I have same trigger written at form,block and item level. So item level trigger will fire and others will be ignored. I want the block level trigger to fire.
Re: Triggers [message #83392 is a reply to message #83390] Fri, 03 October 2003 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magnetic
when you use same type trigger at 3 levels (form,block,item) the itemtrigger will be excuted, rest ignored.
so just put the code in the item-trigger in the block-trigger and delete the item-trigger.

in the item-trigger you often do not include the itemname because it is ment for that specific item.
when you put this code in block-level, you should direct to that item to use the itemname within the block-level trigger.
Re: Triggers [message #83396 is a reply to message #83392] Fri, 03 October 2003 04:04 Go to previous message
Maaher
Sorry magnetic, you've missed the trigger properties.
I believe you should do the following:
Right click on the item level trigger in the object navigator and select the property palette of the trigger. There you can change the execution hierarchy (put it to 'override')

HTH,
MHE
Previous Topic: 2 blocks...2 stored procedures..common values.
Next Topic: How to call Oracle 9i report from Oracle form 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:04:58 CDT 2024