Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle 9i bug or what?
Oracle 9i bug or what? [message #83377] Thu, 02 October 2003 01:41 Go to next message
Zaire
Hi all,

Has anyone had a problem with the following and if so, how to resolve?

In Oracle FOrms 9i, A commit statement is on a button. Also in that same button, following the commit statement there is code to be executed after the commit is issued successfully. On the PRE-INSERT trigger there are some conditions that should continue or stop the commit process. However, when the PRE-INSERT raises the form_trigger_failure, all coding in the PRE-INSERT trigger is prevented from executing but the coding that comes after the commit statement in the button continues to process.

Is this a bug or what? Can anyone advise?

Thanx
Re: Oracle 9i bug or what? [message #83391 is a reply to message #83377] Fri, 03 October 2003 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magnetic
a way to know that the pre-insert has failed can be by setting a parameter before the raise occures in the pre-insert.
when the pre-insert raises a failure, you do not want to execute the statement in the button (i guess).
so depending on the parameter value, you might execute some specific code in the button
Re: Oracle 9i bug or what? [message #83403 is a reply to message #83377] Fri, 03 October 2003 15:11 Go to previous message
Zain
I am not sure if it is the greatest idea to continue on the same code even after a failure. You may want to create separate program units to handle both conditions i.e. with error and without error.

Anyway, in your case, you may also make use of a form built-in called FORM_SUCCESS. It returns a boolean. You may check the online help for further help.
Previous Topic: URGENT
Next Topic: how to skip log on screen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:23:40 CDT 2024