Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Multiple Record forms
Multiple Record forms [message #83283] Wed, 03 September 2003 07:22 Go to next message
Anil
Hi,
Please help me
I got one canvas which has multiple record form. It may look like this
-------------------------------------------------
Item# Description Cost Retail
___ __________ ___ _____
___ __________ ___ _____
___ __________ ___ _____
___ __________ ___ _____
___ __________ ___ _____

Now I dont want the user to change the cost and retail on this form
So in order to change, I provide another form which can be invoked by a click of a button 'Update'.
Now my problem is, how do i get the records from the first form on the next form, whatever may be the number of records.

Kindly help me.
Re: Multiple Record forms [message #83299 is a reply to message #83283] Wed, 17 September 2003 06:18 Go to previous message
magnetic
you just build 2 forms. they should be exactly the same except that the 2 columns are not updateable at the first form.
just make a copy of the first form and set the properties of those columns to update false at the first form and update is true on the second form.
then what you need is to pass the where-cluase withina parameter to the second form to show the same records in both forms.
creat a parameter and assign the where clause of the first form to it. call the second form with run_product built-in [[ see help for how to use this built-in]] you should put the parameter in a parameter-list in order to play it towards the second form.

second way is to create a global variable and assign the where-caluse of the first form to it. call the second form with open_form or call_form built-in..the global-variable is known during your session so you can use it in the second form.
Previous Topic: Record groups and LOVs
Next Topic: Report output to unix machine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:51:52 CDT 2024