Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Please help: which trigger to choose?
Please help: which trigger to choose? [message #83100] Wed, 06 August 2003 08:42 Go to next message
SA
Hi,

I need to validate the field when user either tab off or mouse click to some other item. Is there any trigger deal with it or I have to use more than one trigger? BTW, even if I set up the previous item and next item in property, I can't tab to other field. Is there any other setup in property or I have to use a trigger? Please give me some suggestions. Thanks,

Sa
Re: Please help: which trigger to choose? [message #83101 is a reply to message #83100] Wed, 06 August 2003 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shekar
Use post-text item trigger to validate the field the cursor is on. it fires when the user goes to an other field or button .

Hope this helps.

- Shekar
Re: Please help: which trigger to choose? [message #83102 is a reply to message #83101] Wed, 06 August 2003 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gonzalo Cattivelli
Be carefull!!! Post-Text-Item only trigger when you press enter-key, if you leave the field with mouse or tab-key, Post-Text-Item do not trigger.
It's better practice you use Post-Change, or When-Validate-Item. You must remember this trigger are restrictive (navegation package as GO_ITEM and others is not permited here).
Re: Please help: which trigger to choose? [message #83110 is a reply to message #83102] Thu, 07 August 2003 16:00 Go to previous message
SA
I tried post-text-item and when-validate-item, it works for mouse click to some other field, but when I press tab key, it doesn't trigger any action and it won't move to the next item even though I set up keyboard navigatable is yes and previous item and next item. I don't know why? Right now, I have to use another trigger key-next-item to make tab work. I just wonder if it's possible to use one trigger instead of two triggers to accomplish the same task. Thanks,

Sa
Previous Topic: returning parameter from the called form to calling form
Next Topic: How to show system Clock in your form.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:12:10 CDT 2024