Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » returning parameter from the called form to calling form
returning parameter from the called form to calling form [message #83098] Wed, 06 August 2003 05:20 Go to next message
Victoria
Hi,
How can return value from the called form to calling form.Currently i have global variable to do this.But i have been told not to use global variable.
Please guide me.
Thanks in advance
~V~
Re: returning parameter from the called form to calling form [message #83103 is a reply to message #83098] Wed, 06 August 2003 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gonzalo Cattivelli
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER use global variables to pass parameters between forms, because if you call repetitively to a called form this variables lost, and the called form won't receive it.
On the navegation tree you have PARAMETERS item. Include all your parameters in this section in the called form.
Re: returning parameter from the called form to calling form [message #83105 is a reply to message #83103] Wed, 06 August 2003 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Victoria
Hi,
Thanks a lot.I need to return some value from the called form to calling form.I am already passing some parameters to called form from calling form using call_form built in.But i need to capture some value from the called form?
Please guide me...I hope u will understand the problem...
Thanks
~V~
Re: returning parameter from the called form to calling form [message #83109 is a reply to message #83105] Thu, 07 August 2003 14:01 Go to previous message
Gonzalo Cattivelli
Have you considered to use temporary tables? It might help you
Previous Topic: ERROR: The specified key was not found while trying to GetValue
Next Topic: Please help: which trigger to choose?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:58:14 CDT 2024