Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Synchronize Built-in in Forms6i
Synchronize Built-in in Forms6i [message #83046] Thu, 31 July 2003 00:59 Go to next message
Bhavna
Hi all,
I m not able to understand the synchronize built-in in Forms6i . Can u pls. explain the practical usage of the same.
Just know to synchronise the Internal State of Forms to its External State ...what does this mean ???
Thx.
Bhavna
Re: Synchronize Built-in in Forms6i [message #83048 is a reply to message #83046] Thu, 31 July 2003 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sun
Create a multirecord block. create a table with 1000 Records. Using a cursor populate this 1000 records in the multirecord block. Use Synchronize; it will show the difference to you..

Actually it will be running in the screen.i.e records will be assigned one by one rows..

If u r not using syncronize it will be populating immediately after processing..
Re: Synchronize Built-in in Forms6i [message #83071 is a reply to message #83046] Sun, 03 August 2003 03:31 Go to previous message
prashant
Priya,

Actually what happens that when you are running a block of plsql from a form the control directly goes to the server from the client and return to the client only after the processing of the sql block is over. So if you need plsql to send the control back to the forms in the middle of processing you can user synchronze command.

Thanks
Prashant
Previous Topic: help -
Next Topic: Step By Step Procedure On Updating A Form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:36:30 CDT 2024