Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Validation
Validation [message #83011] Fri, 25 July 2003 03:20 Go to next message
capri
i have a column called Amount,the result comes from rate and quantity.I have to do a validation for amount column.If both rate and quantity are present then u cannot update amount column if any of the two(rate and quantity) is null then u can update the column.
I tried doing this using key next item and when validate item it is not working.how to go
Thanks in advance
Re: Validation [message #83013 is a reply to message #83011] Fri, 25 July 2003 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
1. POST-QUERY of the block
2. WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM of rate and quantity

In each trigger you check whether the item should be enabled or disabled or update_allowed true/false. Key-nextitem is not a good idea.

MHE
Re: Validation [message #83014 is a reply to message #83013] Fri, 25 July 2003 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
capri
i tried using
set_item_property(itemname,updateable,property_true);
set_item_property(itemname,updateable,property_false);
in when validate item
but the thing is the property should be enabled to false for this query to fire.But it should be enabled in my case
Re: Validation [message #83015 is a reply to message #83014] Fri, 25 July 2003 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
you mean "update_allowed". Can you explain this:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
but the thing is the property should be enabled to false for this query to fire.But it should be enabled in my case
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't got the slightest clue what you are trying to say here. Look at the Set_Item_Instance_Property built-in to set properties at record level.

MHE
Re: Validation [message #83167 is a reply to message #83013] Sun, 17 August 2003 14:45 Go to previous message
Afroz ahmed
you can false the property of Amount item if rate and qty field is not null
Previous Topic: heirarical trees
Next Topic: Forms Builder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:29:49 CDT 2024