Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Property/code to set focus in overwrite not insert
Property/code to set focus in overwrite not insert [message #82877] Fri, 11 July 2003 10:12 Go to next message
Denise Wagner
Hi,
Does anyone know the property or code to use to explicity force a field to be in overwrite mode (i.e. highlighted) upon entry to that field? We have a form in which a particular field will sometimes be highlighted when it is entered, and other times the cursor will be at the beginning of the data and the user will have to manually select the data to change it. Since the users expect it to be highlighted, they want to be able to type over the existing data immediately after entering the field. I want to explicity code this field to be in overwrite mode so that it is consistent.

Thanks,
Denise
Re: Property/code to set focus in overwrite not insert [message #82897 is a reply to message #82877] Tue, 15 July 2003 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magnetic
i have never heard that oracle has a functionality like overwriting.
i had a almost same problem and resolved it like this way:
the users wanted to type in a inputfield, wich has already got a value in it, immediately.
sometimes the field is hilighted. so directly typing erases the value before.
since we migrated from 6 to oracle forms 6i,the field aint hilighted anymore so the cursor navigates to the beginning of the field.
user needed to take some action to clear the field manually.
so i made a display item wich shows the vaule that is typed into that field and clear the field when it validates.
the field is empty but the value is still visible in the display item.
users doesnt need to empty the field for the next input.
maybe you should use such a functionality.
Re: Property/code to set focus in overwrite not insert [message #82957 is a reply to message #82877] Tue, 22 July 2003 02:18 Go to previous message
Indrani
Hi,
You can use SEECT_ALL to highlight ur current item
Try out.
Bye
Previous Topic: Enable and disable buttons in a database block
Next Topic: Execute query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:23:37 CDT 2024