Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms 5 runtime gives GPF (DrWatson)
Forms 5 runtime gives GPF (DrWatson) [message #82849] Wed, 09 July 2003 02:31 Go to next message
Bibhas
I have a client-heavy application in forms5 (5.0.6.8.0) which gives application exception (GPF - Dr Watson error) in infrequent intervals in different areas in the application. The application has a lot of windows triggers. The client runs on Win NT 4.0 m/c with 128MB RAM. Although there is no visible memory exceeds, the application crashes with Dr Watson error saying application exception has occurred. If anyone of you have faced similar problem, pls share the work arounds.
Re: Forms 5 runtime gives GPF (DrWatson) [message #82850 is a reply to message #82849] Wed, 09 July 2003 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Check Metalink for this one. I've found several documents discussing GPFs there.

Perhaps it can help you out.

MHE
Re: Forms 5 runtime gives GPF (DrWatson) [message #82856 is a reply to message #82849] Wed, 09 July 2003 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rengaprabhu
Hi,
Dr.Watson none related to the application. Its purely on Windows NT. Its based the free space in your drive in which you are running the application. Try to create some space for running the form.
Re: Forms 5 runtime gives GPF (DrWatson) [message #82861 is a reply to message #82856] Thu, 10 July 2003 01:22 Go to previous message
Maaher
Partly right,
Dr Watson is purely Windows (not only NT), but it *IS* related to the application (the Windows executable that is, not your forms application itself) you're running. It occurs when a piece of memory is accessed in a way it shouldn't be accessed or when a piece of memory isn't available (anymore). Freeing space might help though, since a swap file can be considered 'memory' too.

Shut down any other application (especially background programs) you don't need and try again. Since there are some issues known concerning Dr Watson (GPFs) and Forms Runtime, I still suggest to look at Metalink because perhaps there's something that looks familiar.

I also would suggest you take a look at your exact version of Forms, perhaps there's a patchset provided.

Good Luck,
MHE
Previous Topic: With bring full name with 3 initial letters
Next Topic: password checking in Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:12:18 CDT 2024