Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » add lexical and Bind variable to RUN_PRODUCT
add lexical and Bind variable to RUN_PRODUCT [message #82840] Tue, 08 July 2003 14:17 Go to next message
Mutindan
Hi all,
I have the following RUN_PRODUCT function

DECLARE
pl_id ParamList;
BEGIN
pl_id := Create_Parameter_List('tmpdata');
Add_Parameter(pl_id,'CATEGORY',TEXT_PARAMETER,(:CATEGORY));
Add_Parameter(pl_id, 'PARAMFORM', TEXT_PARAMETER, 'NO');
Add_Parameter(pl_id, 'DESTYPE', TEXT_PARAMETER, 'Screen');
Run_Product(REPORTS, 'C:Pled', SYNCHRONOUS, RUNTIME, FILESYSTEM, pl_id, NULL);
Destroy_Parameter_List( pl_id );
END;

How can I define both Lexical and Bind variable within it. I have tried to
method shown below for bind variable (:CATEGORY)but it gives me "bad bind
variable error"

Thanks all!!
Re: add lexical and Bind variable to RUN_PRODUCT [message #82846 is a reply to message #82840] Wed, 09 July 2003 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sujit
hi,
from where you are taking this :CATEGORY ? simply it is not defined in your form. SO make sure of what you are doing. i think your code is fine.

Sujit
Re: add lexical and Bind variable to RUN_PRODUCT [message #82853 is a reply to message #82846] Wed, 09 July 2003 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mutindan
Thanks Sujit,
This is how I have it.
I have a report PLED with a bind variable :CATEGORY.

I wanted to call this report form a form and let users enter a value.
Re: add lexical and Bind variable to RUN_PRODUCT [message #82854 is a reply to message #82853] Wed, 09 July 2003 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julie
Change paramform to yes, to show your users the parameter form to enter a value for :category.
Re: add lexical and Bind variable to RUN_PRODUCT [message #82894 is a reply to message #82853] Tue, 15 July 2003 03:55 Go to previous message
rama krishna
the :category u r specifying shd be on form
the second parameter is name of bind parameter present in report and the 4th parameter is the value u need to assign to the bind parameter in report..if category field is not present on form it will give u an error, so mention a value which u want to assign to category in report instead of :category

cheers
ram
Previous Topic: check box selection in data base block
Next Topic: PICK_LIST PACKAGE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:18:17 CDT 2024