Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Query not returning all records
Query not returning all records [message #82658] Thu, 19 June 2003 07:44 Go to next message
Denise Wagner
Hi! I have a form with a master block and a detail block. I have the detail block displaying 1 record at a time. The problem is that the form only returns one record, but if the user selects Query - Count Hits, it acknowledges there are actually 3 records to be retrieved. The base table does have 3 records which need to be displayed. My data block properties have Query All Records set to Yes. Does anyone have any ideas as to why I'm not getting all 3 records?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Denise
Re: Query not returning all records [message #82662 is a reply to message #82658] Thu, 19 June 2003 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magnetic
if the items are database items then
set the block property "number of records displayed" to 3 or higer.
Re: Query not returning all records [message #82664 is a reply to message #82662] Thu, 19 June 2003 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denise Wagner
>>if the items are database items then
>>set the block property "number of records displayed" >>to 3 or higer.

I set the number of records displayed to 3, but this just attempts to show all 3 records at the same time (such as in a list), which is not in keeping with my canvas, so I end up with a compile error. I also increased the "number of records buffered" to 5, and no change.
Re: Query not returning all records [message #82669 is a reply to message #82664] Fri, 20 June 2003 11:47 Go to previous message
Denise Wagner
I wanted to offer the solution to the problem I posted a few days ago regarding the form I had which wasn't returning all records it should have.

My form has a Poplist (colors), and I had changed one of the elements from "green" to "yellow". From that point forward, any existing records that had "green" would not return in the query. My fix was to add "green" back to the poplist.

Denise
Previous Topic: Forms DDL
Next Topic: Querying records from more than data blocks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:09:37 CDT 2024