Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Changing colors
Changing colors [message #82595] Thu, 12 June 2003 01:55 Go to next message
Raj
Hello,
I am using forms 4.5 and i have a problem.I have a block where i am displaying 10 records and i have a particular field called action where the records for that particular field will be 'New','Allotted','Pending' and 'Completed'.I need to change the colors depending on the above records.How do go about this
Thanks in advance
Re: Changing colors [message #82596 is a reply to message #82595] Thu, 12 June 2003 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Since you don't have: Set_Item_Instance_Property, you could use the Display_Item built-in:

Create different visual attributes for all your different needs. Let's say we want the "job" field in our EMP block to be red in the background for each SALESMAN. Then we create a visual attribute VA_SALES (red background) for the Salesmen.

In the POST-QUERY you'd do sth like:
Begin
	If :EMP.JOB = 'SALESMAN' Then
		Display_Item('EMP.JOB','VA_SALES');
	Else
		Display_Item('EMP.JOB',NULL);
	End IF;
End;
Of course, it isn't all you need to do: what if you update the job field, etc...? But it helps you out, I believe.

MHE
Re: Changing colors [message #82597 is a reply to message #82595] Thu, 12 June 2003 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
m.i.khan
GO FOR HELP AND LOOK
UNDER VISUAL ATTRIBUTES GROUPS
WHERE U AND SET FOR EACH RECORD DIFFERENT
CCLRS
SET_ITEM_INSTAANCE_PROPERTY('WEW'........);
Changing colors --> nope. [message #82598 is a reply to message #82597] Thu, 12 June 2003 03:02 Go to previous message
Maaher
Nope, not in Forms 4.5 you don't. There's no such built-in in this version of Forms. It's a pitty though...

MHE
Previous Topic: How to do this?
Next Topic: BACKUP AND RECOVERY
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 06:42:17 CDT 2024