Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » reports parameter issue
reports parameter issue [message #82591] Wed, 11 June 2003 11:14 Go to next message
Julie
I set the value of a parameter programatically in a trigger. I know it is being set, because I can see it on my report. When I click back, to run another report, the value of the parameter is not retained. Those parameters where the value was typed in, are there, but not the value I set in a trigger.
How can I get my parameter to retain it's value?
Re: reports parameter issue [message #82599 is a reply to message #82591] Thu, 12 June 2003 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magnetic
try to give us more usefull hints about your problem.
what is your input screen (forms or reports)?
application/databaseversion?

i suppose the trigger you mention is in the report (not databasetrigger).
while each report has its own session, the parameter set in the trigger just will work for the report wich contains the trigger.
Re: reports parameter issue [message #82608 is a reply to message #82599] Thu, 12 June 2003 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julie
It is a web deployed 6i report, running on 8.1.7, using a reports parameter form. I created a text item on the screen and put the html into it to create an input type=password variable, pointing it to a user parameter. This accepts the value perfectly, obscuring it and sucessfully stores it in the parameter. When I run the report the password works perfectly, but the password value is gone when I return to the parameter form to run the report again. So, I created another parameter to hold the value, and have tried setting it on the validate trigger, and the afterform trigger. If I put that value on the report, I see it, but when I click back to return to the parameter form, it is gone. But when I place the 2nd parameter on the screen and type it in, the value stays, but is not obscured, because it is input type = text.
Got any ideas?
Re: reports parameter issue [message #82655 is a reply to message #82608] Wed, 18 June 2003 06:49 Go to previous message
magnetic
passwords are very important [[security]].
so when you turn back to run the report, it SHOULD be empty. its then like you run the reports for the first time. parameters are kinda reset.
Previous Topic: changing message line setting
Next Topic: lov/error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:35:11 CDT 2024