Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » TAB CANVAS(very urgent)
TAB CANVAS(very urgent) [message #82568] Tue, 10 June 2003 03:53 Go to next message
CK
Dear All
I have a tab canvas with a number of tab pages. A button is placed outside the tab canvas in a different block.
If the cursor control is on the tab page, and I am pressing the button. Internally the button used GO_BLOCK several times.
I want to take the control back to the tabpage.( or to the first item of the tab page)

please let me know a wayout.
regards
Re: TAB CANVAS(very urgent) [message #82569 is a reply to message #82568] Tue, 10 June 2003 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Look this up in Forms Help:
SET_CANVAS_PROPERTY
TOPMOST_TAB_PAGE.

This'll get you on the way.

MHE
Re: TAB CANVAS(very urgent) [message #82572 is a reply to message #82568] Tue, 10 June 2003 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nelson
Hi,
In the Form Level, there is one trigger called 'WHEN-TAB-PAGE-CHANGED' Trigger.
in that trigger write the following
IF :SYSTEM.TAB_NEW_PAGE = 'tabpagename' THEN
GO_BLOCK('blockname');
else :SYSTEM.TAB_NEW_PAGE = 'tabpagename1' THEN
go_block('blockname');
end if;
I hope this will solve ur probs.
thanks
Re: TAB CANVAS(very urgent) [message #82602 is a reply to message #82568] Thu, 12 June 2003 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sameer_am2002
Make Mouse Navigation and Button Navigation of Button Item to false in the property palette.
Re: TAB CANVAS(very urgent) [message #82603 is a reply to message #82568] Thu, 12 June 2003 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CK
Hi
thanks for all the messages.
To elaborate the problem, when I presses the button the control passes to the block where the button is located.
As the button performs several GO_BLOCK operations, the focus on the canvas changes from current tab page to another.
I want to take the control back to the tab page where the control was previously when I pressed the Button. (PS: when the contol is in tabpage it will not give block/item name so as to store in a global variable)

looking forward for some more suggestions.
regards
CK
Re: TAB CANVAS(very urgent) [message #82604 is a reply to message #82602] Thu, 12 June 2003 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CK
Hi
thanks for all the messages.
To elaborate the problem, when I presses the button the control passes to the block where the button is located.
As the button performs several GO_BLOCK operations, the focus on the canvas changes from current tab page to another.
I want to take the control back to the tab page where the control was previously when I pressed the Button. (PS: when the contol is in tabpage it will not give block/item name so as to store in a global variable)
looking forward for some more suggestions.
regards
CK
Re: TAB CANVAS(very urgent) [message #82610 is a reply to message #82604] Thu, 12 June 2003 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sameer_am2002
DO one thing first set the both navigation property of button to false in the property palette. Then when the button is pressed try to store :system.cursor_item in one variable in the start of ur code. Then when all the execution is done in the last write go_item(variable storing :system.cursor_item ).Something like this.
var1 := :system.cursor_item ;
code......
code.......
go_item(var1) ;
Re: TAB CANVAS(very urgent) [message #82619 is a reply to message #82610] Fri, 13 June 2003 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CK
Thanks a lot Sameer, you have solved 90% of my problem.
The unsolved part is if I navigate between tab pages and not passing the control to the item in the tab page, then the button is pressed, after processing the button it will pass the control to last item where the actual control existed.
Eg. Assuming I have 2 tab pages. When form starts the control goes to first navigable item of the first tab page.
Then I navigate to the 2nd tab page.
The control remains on the tab page, not going to any item. But all the item in the 2nd page is visible to the me.
Then I presses the button.
After processing it will take control to the first tab page's item.

Hope you understand my problem.

cheers
Re: TAB CANVAS(very urgent) [message #82623 is a reply to message #82619] Fri, 13 June 2003 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sameer
Its very simple in the When-Tab-Page-Changed trigger send the cursor to the respective blocks which belongs to each of the tab pages.
Like u have 2 tab pages one tab belongs to dept and other belongs to emp. Then in When-Tab-Page-Changed trigger write like this
if :system.tab_new_page = 'DEPT' then
go_block('Dept') ;
elsif :system.tab_new_page = 'EMP' then
go_block('EMP');
end if ;
Re: TAB CANVAS(very urgent) [message #82624 is a reply to message #82623] Fri, 13 June 2003 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CK
Hi Sameer,
Thanks for your views.
We are going to have a generic utility for the entire application on the button. We dont know which all form will use this button.More over a tab page need not necessarly made up of a single block.

Any thoughts?
regards
Re: TAB CANVAS(very urgent) [message #83200 is a reply to message #82624] Thu, 21 August 2003 00:18 Go to previous message
prashant
Ck
Put a non database control item on that canvas and in the when button pressed code of that p.button after finishing all the processing set the focus to that control item by using go_item. It will bring the focus back to that tab page. I hope this helps

ta
prashant
prashant@csoft.co.nz
Previous Topic: update a column in emp blocl
Next Topic: Forms Compiling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:41:42 CDT 2024