Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Multiline Item Property
Multiline Item Property [message #82559] Mon, 09 June 2003 10:26 Go to next message
Anju
Hi friends,
I have declared a item multiline property true. When I am trying to navigate that items previous item, any key doesn’t work. I have also written a key-up and key-down on form level to navigate next item and previous item. Trigger works fine for all items except that item whose multiline property is true. I mean suppose there is one item called address and its multiple properties is true, now user wants to navigate to address item previous item, how he/she can navigate. User can navigate address next item by using tab key in character mode but how can user navigate to previous item. I am desperately in need of help.
i need this working in character mode. I know in GUI it works with Shift+tab but it doesn't work same way in CUI.when i press shift+tab in CUI it does nothing.I am urgently in need of help.

Thanks in advance.

Anju
Re: Multiline Item Property [message #82567 is a reply to message #82559] Tue, 10 June 2003 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magnetic
doesnt work key-up when you are at the beginning of the item?.
usually, in a multiline item, the keys are ment to navigate within the item.
So i think if you are at the beginnig or the end of the item, you should be able to navigate to next/prev item
Re: Multiline Item Property [message #82575 is a reply to message #82567] Tue, 10 June 2003 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anju
If the keys are ment to navigate within the items then what is the process or way of navigation to previous item from multiline property true item.
I have also tried writing previous-item, it isn't working. Please help me out. I am urgently in need of help.

Anju
Re: Multiline Item Property [message #82576 is a reply to message #82559] Tue, 10 June 2003 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magnetic
i have ever worked with a charakter mode form during a project but i cant remember if i had do deal with prev item navigation.

but it must be possible.
maybe there is a key combination to go to prev item like ALT+up-key or ALT+page-up (or shift instead of alt)

but ill give you a hint how i think it can work..
write your own trigger on that multiline-item(s)
example
create 1 user defined trigger at form-level
lets say its called my-trigger
the code in this trigger is
go_item('block_name.item_name');
where the item_name is the name of the prev-item.

create a F-key trigger(e.g. F12) on the multiline item with code
execute_trigger('my_trigger');

now when a user is in the multiline item and presses the F-key (F12) then he sould navigate to prev-item.

if you are dealing with many multiline items then the code in the user-defined triger should be like:

if :system.cursor_item='A.item12' then
go_item('A.item11');
elsif :system.cursor_item='A.item23' then
go_item('A.item22');
endif;

item12 and item23 are multiline items.

hope it works :)

Good luck ..
Magnetic.
Re: Multiline Item Property [message #82577 is a reply to message #82576] Tue, 10 June 2003 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anju
I have tried all key combination, none of them worked.
Regarding user defined trigger, then will that F12function key work for all items or only in case of multiline items. do i need to define for all items in userdefine trigger, inorder to work with F12 for all items.
Anju
Re: Multiline Item Property [message #82578 is a reply to message #82575] Tue, 10 June 2003 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magnetic
F12 will then work for only the multiline items since you
will make only for the multiline items a trigger key-F12
at item level.
So sortly said:
1 trigger at form level named my_trigger (or a proper name )
and 1 trigger named key-F12 at item level (for every multiline item) with code:
execute_trigger('my_trigger');

use the oracle defined key triggers by chosing add trigger and chose one in the list.
remember that some keys are reserved like F1 for help...
Re: Multiline Item Property [message #82590 is a reply to message #82578] Wed, 11 June 2003 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anju
Ok, let me try today and then i will get back to you.

Anju
Re: Multiline Item Property [message #82592 is a reply to message #82578] Wed, 11 June 2003 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anju
Sorry, i need to know how to create a user defined trigger on form level.

Anju
Re: Multiline Item Property [message #82635 is a reply to message #82578] Sun, 15 June 2003 20:47 Go to previous message
Anju
Hi there,
I tried navigating previous item of multiline item property true as you suggested but it isn't working. i created one user defined trigger called my_trigger and in that trigger i have written
go_item('emp.ename');..and on item(multiline) level i have written trigger key-F8 execute_trigger('MY_TRIGGER');...but its't working. have you already tried navigating this way, am i doing any thing wrong...

Anju
Previous Topic: using Forms API in VB - in a simpler way
Next Topic: OLE Alternatives in Forms 6i Client Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:11:43 CDT 2024