Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Enter Query in multiple blocks
Enter Query in multiple blocks [message #82544] Fri, 06 June 2003 00:45 Go to next message
Sanit
Hi,

Does anyone give me the how-to making a query from muliple
bloks?
Example:
I have two blocks: Student block and enrolled course block. I want to query students who enroll for a specific course. In Form, I need to go to the enrolled course block and press Enter Query button and type the course id.
The result will give me all the enrolled course records but does not link back to the student block.
How can I enter the course and see the student enrolling
the course?

Thank you for all replying.

Sanit
Re: Enter Query in multiple blocks [message #82546 is a reply to message #82544] Fri, 06 June 2003 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ajith
You can use Master-Detail block.
Re: Enter Query in multiple blocks [message #82547 is a reply to message #82546] Fri, 06 June 2003 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sanit
Hi,

I do use the master-detail block. Sorry that I did tell you about the master and detail block. Can you enter
the course_id and get the students' id who enroll the clas. When I query by press enter query at the course block. It will show the current student id and show all
course id only for the current student. I need all students who take the specific class. How do you do to
achieve the task?

Thanks again,

Sanit
Re: Enter Query in multiple blocks [message #82548 is a reply to message #82547] Fri, 06 June 2003 05:21 Go to previous message
Sanit
My master-detail block is following:
Master : Student
Primary Key : Student_id
Detail : Enroll_Course
Foreign Key : Student_id

It is ok if I have form like this
Master : Couse
Primary key : Course_id
Detail : Enroll Course
Foreign Key : Course_id

In later way, I can query all students who enroll the class. If I would like to use the first one to query the
student. How can I do?
Previous Topic: How can I check if my input is character or numeric(oracle forms)
Next Topic: Select items manually in a TList
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:04:13 CDT 2024