Home » RDBMS Server » Security » creating a user but not alter his password....?
creating a user but not alter his password....? [message #8106] Sun, 27 July 2003 23:42 Go to next message
shahzad-ul-hasan
dear sir,
pls help me...
i want to create a user but i want to give privilge not to change his apssword....
example....
i create a user. i gave him a password. i want to the user can not change his password... with alter command...
i give me the password_verify_function. but in my oracle this function is not viewed... pls help me in this matter to create a verify function function whcih contain the elements not to change his password....
thanks for help

shah1419@yahoo.com
Re: creating a user but not alter his password....? [message #8111 is a reply to message #8106] Mon, 28 July 2003 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Ok, the Oracle Online Documentation is here: tahiti.oracle.com.

The function password_verify_function does not exist by default, you'll have to create it yourself (as SYS), and you can name it whatever you want. Here's a direct link to the Oracle Docs.

MHE
Re: creating a user but not alter his password....? [message #8184 is a reply to message #8111] Fri, 01 August 2003 19:53 Go to previous message
shahzad-ul-hasan
dear sir,
i can do that(create a verify_funcation), but i could not sort out my problem would you like to help me to send these queries..
i shall be thank ful to you
thanks
Previous Topic: Security: Roles
Next Topic: Reviewing Roles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:30:35 CDT 2024