Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Parameter passing
Parameter passing [message #82493] Fri, 30 May 2003 05:16 Go to next message
Raj
1)I have created a form called edit_complaint where in I pass the complaint no as parameter to edit the details of that particular complaint.When i make the changes and return to the calling form it is not refreshed.how to refresh the form?
2)i have a form with 2 blocks one is master and the other is detail the first one is in form style and the second one is in tabular style(5 records displayed).when i insert first record it is working fine.When i try to insert again by opening the form again it displays the records(i have given execute_query in detail block).but while i insert and commit the form the older one is deleted and the new record is updated twice why is this can u please help me.
Re: Parameter passing [message #82520 is a reply to message #82493] Tue, 03 June 2003 02:51 Go to previous message
magnetic
1. you should refresh (requery) the initial form
2. how you sure that the detail record is updated twice?
Very strange behaviour or you give us less information about the problem.It seems there exists a procedure that deletes and updates the records.
Try to build a relation between master and child blocks instead of execute query the detail block. oracle should give a message if insert wouldnt work.
Previous Topic: Why Forms 6i
Next Topic: Keyboard mapping problems - Forms6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:04:56 CDT 2024