Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » call_form
call_form [message #82407] Mon, 26 May 2003 01:16 Go to next message
Mubeen.
hi

I want to call another form module from the current form ,can anybody give me the proper syntax with an example.

suppose i am in form a and want to call form b by clicking on submenu form b.

so how can i do that

thanx in advance.

Mubeen.
Re: call_form [message #82409 is a reply to message #82407] Mon, 26 May 2003 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ash
Hi, this came from the Form Builder Help Topics,
I just copied and pasted in..
Form Builder Help Topics covers almost all functionalites supported by Forms itself...

PROCEDURE CALL_FORM
(formmodule_name VARCHAR2,
display NUMBER,
switch_menu NUMBER,
query_mode NUMBER,
data_mode NUMBER,
paramlist_name VARCHAR2);

Built-in Type unrestricted procedure
Enter Query Mode yes

Parameters

formmodule_name The name of the called form (must be enclosed in single quotes). Datatype is VARCHAR2.
display HIDE (The default.) Form Builder will hide the calling form before drawing the called form.

NO_HIDE Form Builder will display the called form without hiding the calling form.

switch_menu NO_REPLACE (The default.) Form Builder will keep the default menu module of the calling form active for the called form.

DO_REPLACE Form Builder will replace the default menu module of the calling form with the default menu module of the called form.

query_mode NO_QUERY_ONLY (The default.) Form Builder will run the indicated form in normal mode, allowing the end user to perform inserts, updates, and deletes from within the called form.

QUERY_ONLY Form Builder will run the indicated form in query-only mode, allowing the end user to query, but not to insert, update, or delete records.

data_mode NO_SHARE_LIBRARY_DATA (The default.) At runtime, Form Builder will not share data between forms that have identical libraries attached (at design time).

SHARE_LIBRARY_DATA At runtime, Form Builder will share data between forms that have identical libraries attached (at design time).

paramlist_id The unique ID Form Builder assigns when it creates the parameter list. You can optionally include a parameter list as initial input to the called form. Datatype is PARAMLIST.
paramlist_name The name you gave the parameter list object when you defined it. Datatype is VARCHAR2.
Re: call_form [message #82410 is a reply to message #82407] Mon, 26 May 2003 02:20 Go to previous message
Maaher
Look up the following built-ins in the Forms Help to get all variants of the commands:
1. CALL_FORM
This will invoke another form keeping the calling form open but inaccessible until the called form is closed.

CALL_FORM('form_b', hide, do_replace);

2. OPEN_FORM
This will invoke another form keeping the calling form open and accessible. The two forms are ran independently.

OPEN_FORM('stocks', activate);

3. NEW_FORM
This will invoke another form after closing the calling form.
NEW_FORM('blah', to_savepoint, query_only);

Check out the Forms Help because when using multiple calls you might hit some limits (if you mix call_form and open_form).

MHE
Previous Topic: Help...
Next Topic: displaying icon in smartbar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:09:41 CDT 2024