Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » message for maheer...
message for maheer... [message #82359] Wed, 21 May 2003 03:25 Go to next message
Mubeen.
Hi,

yesterday you have given a possible solution for my query that how to display text when a button is pressed in the display field by guiding to use

:yourblock.item = 'add';

but the problem is it is not working in more than one button ,if suppose i am taking 5 buttons of name respectively,add,delete,view ,modify ,exit but when i am giving the same code it is not working in more than one button why is that so and can you help me out in sorting the above criteria.
Please find the codes i have given the triggers in each button.

:masterblk.di_mode(display item) := 'add' for add butto
:masterblk.di_mode:='delete'for delete button
:masterblk.di_mode:='save' for save button
:masterblk.di_mode:='modify' for modify button
:masterblk.di_mode:='view'for view button
but the code is working only for one button.am i going some where wrong?if so please let me help out of this problem.
thanx in Advance
mubeen.
Re: message for maheer... [message #82363 is a reply to message #82359] Wed, 21 May 2003 06:55 Go to previous message
Maaher
I've created the following:
Block 'DUMMY' --> database block: No
In the block:
Display Item DSP_BUTTON
Buttons Btn_Add, Btn_Save, Btn_Delete, Btn_Modify, Btn_View with the labels Add, Save, Delete, Modify and View. All are displayed on the same canvas.

I've created a WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED at block-level. The code is as follows:
Begin
	:Dummy.dsp_button := Get_Item_Property(:System.cursor_item, Label);
End;
I have had no problems with it. To be sure, I've created a trigger on each button too. Same code. Still, I've had no problems with it. Is the code always working for the same button, or is the code only working for the first button you pressed?

MHE
Previous Topic: how to format cells in Excel from Oracle Forms?
Next Topic: URGENT!!! URGENT!!! Excel.exe still in memory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:32:13 CDT 2024