Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to call an bmp file in image item
How to call an bmp file in image item [message #82299] Fri, 16 May 2003 00:32 Go to next message
Mubeen.
Hi all,

I had taken an item of image type and called up an bmp file through import option

But the problem is ,form is not taking it into image item ,instead taking it in canvas(graphics).

so can anybody tell the procedure how to solve it.

Mubeen.
Re: How to call an bmp file in image item [message #82300 is a reply to message #82299] Fri, 16 May 2003 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
The Forms Help clearly states that importing images results in the creation of a graphic object. What you want is to load an image. If you want to populate an image item you need to use the following built-in:READ_IMAGE_FILE
<B>Description</B>

Reads an image of the given type from the given file and displays it in the Form Builder image item. 

<B>Syntax</B>

PROCEDURE READ_IMAGE_FILE
  (file_name  VARCHAR2, 
   file_type  VARCHAR2, 
   item_id    ITEM);  
PROCEDURE READ_IMAGE_FILE
  (file_name  VARCHAR2, 
   file_type  VARCHAR2, 
   item_name  VARCHAR2); 

<B>Built-in Type</B>  unrestricted procedure 
<B>Enter Query Mode</B>  yes 

<B>Parameters</B>

<I>file_name</I> Valid file name.  The file name designation can include a full 
path statement appropriate to your operating system.
<I>file_type</I> The valid image file type:  BMP, CALS, GIF, JFIF, JPG, PICT, RAS, 
TIFF, or TPIC.  (Note:  File type is optional, as Form Builder will attempt to deduce it 
from the source image file.  To optimize performance, however, you should specify the file type.)
<I>item_id</I> The unique ID Form Builder assigns to the image item when it creates it.  
Use the FIND_ITEM built-in to return the ID to an appropriately typed variable.  
Datatype is ITEM.

<I>item_name</I> The name you gave the image item when you created it.  Datatype is VARCHAR2.
If you use this, the quality is remarkably better than with a graphic object. The only thing you need to do is to create an image object, and fill it using the built-in.

Might I suggest to store the image in the DB so that every user has access to the file.

MHE
Re: How to call an bmp file in image item [message #82540 is a reply to message #82299] Thu, 05 June 2003 08:18 Go to previous message
NAFEES AHMED
MR. MUBEEN
I HOPE THAT YOUR PROBLEM REGARDING BMP FILE MAY BE SOLVED BY MR MAAHER. BUT THE PROBLEM IS STAND YOU ARE MAIL ME I CLEAR U R PROBLEM.
THANKS.
Previous Topic: scrollbar
Next Topic: How can I check if my input is character or numeric(oracle forms)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:45:01 CDT 2024