Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Restricted access to list item
Restricted access to list item [message #82211] Wed, 07 May 2003 10:37 Go to next message
Nilu
I have a form with a database item on it . We are setting the item type as "List Item". The list item has values 'A', 'B','C', 'X' with the list element values for each of them. I want all users to insert/update the values of 'A','B' and 'C' but only few users should be able to insert/update all the 4 values.i.e Few users cannot insert/update the value of 'X' but everyone should be able to see the value of 'X'. How can this be done.

Any help is appreciated.
Re: Restricted access to list item [message #82212 is a reply to message #82211] Wed, 07 May 2003 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ani
Hi. Pls try this. Make a copy of the form. In 1 form give all the 4 values in the list. In another give only 3 values that need to be used. Based on the user profile give access to the program.
All the best
Re: Restricted access to list item [message #82216 is a reply to message #82212] Wed, 07 May 2003 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nilu
Thank you for your reply.
Looks like changing user profiles and having 2 different forms will make it a little difficult to handle but i will find someother way to do it.
Re: Restricted access to list item [message #82223 is a reply to message #82211] Thu, 08 May 2003 07:07 Go to previous message
Zaire
Hi Nilu,

You dont need to duplicate forms. Im not sure if I interpret your problem correctly but here's a few options.

1) You can perhaps create two list elements A and B. Depending on the users that should see list A, hide list B and vice versa, when the form/block/item is first entered. With this option, the two lists must be non-db items and when list changed, assign the value to the appropriate db item.
2) Use the ADD_LIST_ELEMENTS built-in to add the extra items.
3) Show all 4 elements and use the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM to clear the field if the user is not allowed to pick the chosen element ... displaying an appriopriate message off course.

Good Luck
Previous Topic: When-validate-item doesnt always work in 9i
Next Topic: call report9i from forms 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:20:27 CDT 2024