Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How do I insert to a checked box into a table
How do I insert to a checked box into a table [message #82129] Fri, 25 April 2003 13:49 Go to next message
TN nguyen
How do i set-up checked box and insert the results into a table. Sorry to aks such a simple question, but I am a beginner beginner with Forms. Thanks in advance for your help.
Re: How do I insert to a checked box into a table [message #82130 is a reply to message #82129] Fri, 25 April 2003 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julie
I usually associate a checkbox item with a 1 character database column. Then in the properties of the checkbox, you can specify a value when check, a value when not checked and whether to map other values as check or unchecked.
I usually map checked to 'Y', unchecked to 'N' and other values to unchecked, but you could use 0 and 1 as well.
Re: How do I insert to a checked box into a table [message #82131 is a reply to message #82129] Fri, 25 April 2003 14:45 Go to previous message
Rick
Example:
In your table you could have a field named YES_NO or whatever is appropriate.

You then put this field on the form and in the property palette of the form field you select the "Check Box" as the Item Type.
There are 2 properties named "Value when Checked" and "Value when Unchecked" assign the values as you see fit. Then when you commit the record it will save the value in the database.
Previous Topic: System.mouse_item
Next Topic: display date?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:09:57 CDT 2024