Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Migrate Oracle Forms 4.0 to 6i/9i
Migrate Oracle Forms 4.0 to 6i/9i [message #82102] Tue, 22 April 2003 23:38 Go to next message
Aslam
I am usuing Oracle Forms 4.0 and i wann to Migrate to the Latest like Oracle Forms 9i or 6i How do i do .do i have to redesign or juss Migrate it.....
Re: Migrate Oracle Forms 4.0 to 6i/9i [message #82104 is a reply to message #82102] Wed, 23 April 2003 00:57 Go to previous message
David Martin
I believe you have to migrate to 6i and then to 9i.

If you have non-character based 4.5 forms then it should be a fairly simple matter of opening the 4.5 form in the 6i form builder, with luck not too many compile errors when the PL/SQL is automatically converted, then save it. Then open with 9i and do the same.

If you have character based 4.5 then you will have to resize and move things around on the canvas a bit.

The above will give you 'beginner grade' forms. For professional grade forms then you should create an object library and use it in 6i to reference the various visual attribute and property classes so that you have a standard look and feel. You can also use inherited default trigger code and other forms objects defaults. Unfortunately, it often takes as long, or longer, (elapsed time) to set up the standards as it does to convert the forms (normally done by a team of programmers following the newly written standards document).
Previous Topic: Formatting data exported from forms6i to Microsoft Excel using DDE Package
Next Topic: Solutions for Oracle Forms Migration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:42:47 CDT 2024