Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » FRM-41837
FRM-41837 [message #82067] Thu, 17 April 2003 10:50 Go to next message
Pierre BĂ©langer
I'm using Forms 4.5 from Developer 2000 v. 1.6.1 for NT and there is my problem. In a screen, the user can launch a query with or without any criterias and the maximum number of records fetched is about 70 000. I want to display the number of records at the bottom of the screen (because Forms displays n/? until you have reached the last record). So I use last_record, keep the record number in a control variable and come back to the first record (with first_record). This is working well (even though it slows up the system a bit) only if the number of records fetched is lower then about 65 000. Past that number of records, I get the error message "FRM-41837 : Insufficent main memory for record buffers". I tried to change the "records buffered" and "records fetched" properties but it didn't change anything. Would it be the swap file used by Oracle that cause this problem? If so, is there a way to change the size of that file? If anyone can help me on that matter, I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Re: FRM-41837 [message #82081 is a reply to message #82067] Fri, 18 April 2003 08:24 Go to previous message
Frank
Why do you do that ?
If I were a user of your system, I would NOT be happy if you first fetched ALL rows, before showing the first.
If I were interested in the number of records, I would issue a Count Query Hits (it;s in the default Edit-menu!)

HTH
Frank
Previous Topic: Master-Detail-Detail forms
Next Topic: menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:22:22 CDT 2024