Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » inserting from one form, then updating from another
inserting from one form, then updating from another [message #81861] Thu, 27 March 2003 07:26 Go to next message
kim
hi everyone,
here is what i am trying to do: first i have the user enter some data for a specific date on the first form. then the user presses a button which commits the form, inserting a new date with entered data. next if they would like, they can press a button that opens up another form. i bring the date through to the next form with a global variable and they can enter more data if they would like and commit again... only this time, i need to update the record for that date. EXCEPT when i am trying to do this, the form is still trying to insert a record. the first record is updating, and a second record is also being created. what am i doing wrong, and how can i stop it from inserting twice so that it only updates on the second form?
all i am doing on the second form is this...
update mn_rawdata
set upa_tot_moist = :hdr.upa_tot_moist,
upa_vol_matter = :hdr.upa_vol_matter
where rdate = :key.rdate
and matcode = :key.matcode
and lotno = :key.lotno;
commit;
thanks!
Re: inserting from one form, then updating from another [message #81869 is a reply to message #81861] Thu, 27 March 2003 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waris
Hi Kim.

Did u try setting the block property Update allowed to true and insert allowed to false..

Cheers
waris
Re: inserting from one form, then updating from another [message #81920 is a reply to message #81869] Tue, 01 April 2003 10:29 Go to previous message
kim
yes... when i try doing this, i am not able to enter data into the fields.
Previous Topic: Flash file in form builder application
Next Topic: Running reports using live previewer in Reports Builder 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 23:04:09 CDT 2024