Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Error while importing a cotainer dump file in Oracle Designer 6i
Error while importing a cotainer dump file in Oracle Designer 6i [message #81844] Wed, 26 March 2003 08:12
Vijayanand Kari
Hi,

I am trying to import a container from one Oracle Server to another server which are located at two different locations. I have exported the container from the first server and FTPed it to the second server and tried to import the same into the second server. While doing this, i got the following message:
----------------------------
Connected to: Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production

Export file created by EXPORT:V08.01.07 via conventional path
import done in WE8ISO8859P1 character set and WE8ISO8859P1 NCHAR character set
. importing REPOS_MANAGER's objects into REPOS_MANAGER
. . importing table "XTSYS_EXPORT_OBJECTS" 1 rows imported
. . importing table "XTSYS_IMPORT_IRID_MAPPING"
IMP-00009: abnormal end of export file
IMP-00018: partial import of previous table completed: 1281 rows imported
IMP-00033: Warning: Table "XTSYS_IMPORT_IVID_MAPPING" not found in export file
IMP-00033: Warning: Table "XTSYS_TABS_EXPORTED" not found in export file
IMP-00033: Warning: Table "XTSYS_RM$REPOSITORIES" not found in export file
Import terminated successfully with warnings.
--------------------------------

I am able to import the same dump file into another server located in the same location as the Server One without any issues.

One thing that i have observed is: On the Server 2, if a container is already present and the XTSYS_ tables are already populated, when i tried to import this dump file, it asked me "Temporary tables are already populated. Do you want to overwrite them. Otherwise the existing temporaty tables will be used for this purpose". If i clicked No, then it imported the container without any problems, BUT, the new container contents are not the same as found on Server 1's container contents.

Can somebody suggest what could be the problem and how can i import that dump file.

thanks a lot in advance

regards,
Vijay
Previous Topic: Scrollbar on form
Next Topic: hyperlinking button in d2k/6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:05:22 CDT 2024