Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to develop a Available query forms
how to develop a Available query forms [message #81842] Wed, 26 March 2003 02:48 Go to next message
zhangrui
hi,all

I want to develop an Available query forms,it support many tables with parameters, and Only need to post one parameter(datablock) .
I design it like this (the window diagram can't put there) the canvas includes two droplist,one for field the other for compare, a text,a text list and three button(add,delete,ok)I want it perform the following task:
1. select the fields name from the droplist ¡®field¡¯. The field name comes from the datablock(pass by paramenter)
2. select compare sign from the droplist ¡®compare¡¯.
3. input the condition in the ¡®result¡¯
4. select ¡°and¡± or ¡°or¡± conn sign
WHEN u press the ¡®add¡¯ button one record input above will add to the text list. When u press ¡®delete¡¯ button a selected record will be deleted from the text tlist. When u press ¡®ok¡¯ button it will return a :global.where_clause expression..

The following is a procedure invoke the query forms :
Procedure invoke_query(block_name varchar2) is
Where_clause ,ls_old_sql varchar2(200);
Begin
Ls_old_sql:=get_block_property(block_name,DEFAULT_WHERE);
open_forms(query_forms,block_name);//invoke the query forms return :global.where_clause
where_clause:=:global.where_clause;
Where_clause:=add_where_condition(where_clause);//invoke my own function
Set_block_property(block_name,default_where,where_clause);
Execute_query;
If :system.cursor_record=0 then
Message(¡°no record found¡±)
End if;
End;

pls give me a answer
best regard!
Re: how to develop a Available query forms [message #81845 is a reply to message #81842] Wed, 26 March 2003 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julie
Your task and approach is interesting, but I can't tell from your message what the problem you are having with the approach and therefor what help you need.
Re: how to develop a Available query forms [message #81848 is a reply to message #81845] Wed, 26 March 2003 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zhangrui
hi,Julie
The first question is how to get the field name from the pass paramenter(datablock);
The second is how to add the selected field name,compaire sign and the result u input and the conn to the text list when u press the "add" button.
Thanks
Regard
My question [message #81849 is a reply to message #81845] Wed, 26 March 2003 20:32 Go to previous message
zhangrui
Hi,all
How can I get the quey_data_source_name and the query_data_source_columns(include the column name,column type,column display name) from the passed paraments('datablock')?
thanks
best regard
Previous Topic: one database - two developers
Next Topic: Problem in calling reports from forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:39:21 CDT 2024