Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Retriving totals taking more time
Retriving totals taking more time [message #81795] Mon, 24 March 2003 01:25 Go to next message
Muzzammil
Hi experts,

The calculations is taking lot of time to calculate and insert into form fields.

My form is having :Itemcode,:totalsale,:Minsale,Maxsale,Avgsale.

I am selecting Itemcode from masterdata by moving next and previous rec. When I move to next it should calculating SUM(SALE), MIN(SALE), MAX(SALE, AVG(SALE) of that perticular selected itemcode.

SELECT SUM(SALE), MIN(SALE), MAX(SALE), AVG(SALE)
INTO :TOTALSALE,:MINSALE,:MAXSALE,:AVGSALE
FROM SALES
WHERE SALES.ITEMCODE=:ITEMCODE;

The calculating fine but from moving one record to another record its taking lot of time. Since, everytime it calculates more than 3000 records when I move to next or previous record.

Kindly tell me how to make fast calculations and moving records...

Thanks,
Syed Muzzammil.
Re: Retriving totals taking more time [message #81797 is a reply to message #81795] Mon, 24 March 2003 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waris
Hi Muzammil,

Why dont u use the Built in facility in Forms
by which u can get the Sum,Min,Max etc..

I think u can try using the calculated items..

Just go thru the calcalution part in the Item's property pallete..

Hope this helps you...

Cheers
waris
Re: Retriving totals taking more time [message #81804 is a reply to message #81795] Mon, 24 March 2003 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waris
Hi Muzammil,

U still can do ...there is no need for summarized item to be in current block...keep the summary item in control block...and use calcaltion feature..but u should be having a realtionship between the SALES and ITEMCODES table which i think u will have surely...if still u find the problem u send me ur form to waris99@yahoo.com...i would like to help u out..

Cheers
waris
Re: Retriving totals taking more time [message #81812 is a reply to message #81795] Mon, 24 March 2003 10:05 Go to previous message
Muzzammil
I send file with attached file1.doc to your yahoo account.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Please help me!
Next Topic: FRM-18108
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:06:49 CDT 2024