Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Multi-block forms and saving
Multi-block forms and saving [message #81785] Thu, 20 March 2003 12:43 Go to next message
Vanessa
Hi All,
I have a question that is probably an easy one to answer, but I've never done it myself so I'm not sure how...

I have a form that has 3 data blocks (2 of them are based on tables and the 3rd is a control block with buttons and display fields). I wanted to know how I can click on a SAVE button (in the control block) and have it only commit the data that was entered in one of the other two data blocks. The two data blocks are not related in a master-detail way - the first block is only used to query and populate a value that will be inserted into the second data block.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Re: Multi-block forms and saving [message #81791 is a reply to message #81785] Fri, 21 March 2003 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Solveiga
Hi,
Then you press SAVE button, just write before commit go_block('BLOCK_NAME');
commit;
execute_query...
If these two blocks are database blocks it will work.
Sorry if it is not what you asked, write again:)
Re: Multi-block forms and saving [message #81793 is a reply to message #81785] Mon, 24 March 2003 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waris
Hi,

It is easy,

U have three blcocks

Block1----> Is a control blcok
Block2 ----> Is a Query Block
Block3 ----> IS a data Entry blcok..

Ok. so u want to commit only the records inserted in Block3 correct??

In property Pallete of Block2 set

Insert_allowed and update_allowed and delete_allowed property's to False.

Hope this helps you..

Cheers
waris
Re: Multi-block forms and saving [message #81803 is a reply to message #81785] Mon, 24 March 2003 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vanessa
Hi Waris,
I tried to change those properties as you suggested, but then when I went to type information into the fields for the master block, it wouldn't let me because insert/update is not allowed. I don't want the user to have to "query up" this information - I want them to enter it on the form and I will perform validation against that table in the background. Is what I'm trying to do possible?

Thanks!
Re: Multi-block forms and saving [message #81806 is a reply to message #81785] Mon, 24 March 2003 07:47 Go to previous message
waris
Hi,

When u set update & insert allowed to FALSE...it will surely not allow if you are not in ENTER_QUERY mode...so just go to enter query and u can very well be able to enter the information u want to query on that table...

HOpe this helps!!!

Cheers
waris
Previous Topic: Re: Very Very Urgent --Report Printing
Next Topic: Forms6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:35:07 CDT 2024