Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » For an application, how to set automatic logoff, when a session is found inactive for a specified pe
For an application, how to set automatic logoff, when a session is found inactive for a specified pe [message #81740] Mon, 17 March 2003 09:30 Go to next message
Swamy
Is there any way to forcibly close a user’s session from an application after a specified period of inactivity time? I am using Forms 9i on web. I appreciate in advance for your valuable help.
Re: For an application, how to set automatic logoff, when a session is found inactive for a specifie [message #81753 is a reply to message #81740] Tue, 18 March 2003 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

Look at database PROFILES. Ask your DBA to enable the initialization parameter RESOURCE_LIMIT, create a profile and assign them to your users.

-- Max idle time in minutes
CREATE PROFILE forms_profile LIMIT
IDLE_TIME 30;

-- Assign profile to user
ALTER USER user1 PROFILE forms_profile;

Best regards.

Frank
Re: For an application, how to set automatic logoff, when a session is found inactive for a specifie [message #85090 is a reply to message #81753] Tue, 01 June 2004 01:55 Go to previous message
Raymond
Hi I also wanted to create such a profile like this for one of my client who is using 8.0.6. Did it apply to this version of db ?

Our application also have a login and logoff check for those user as well . Is there a solution to check whether did the user already exist from the system and update the table as logoff ??
Previous Topic: FRM-40508 unable to insert record
Next Topic: unable to create relationships between blocks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 16:01:12 CDT 2024