Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » update one form upon closing another
update one form upon closing another [message #81718] Fri, 14 March 2003 08:08 Go to next message
kim
i have one form in which i select a record from a block. upon selecting the record, another form is called on top of that one, the record is edited, and then the "edit" form is closed. my question: is there a way to update the block from the first form upon closing the edit form? currently i have a refresh button, which works fine, but if there is something i can use to do this automatically that would be more helpful. thank you.
Re: update one form upon closing another [message #81737 is a reply to message #81718] Mon, 17 March 2003 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magnetic
your refresh button does execute_query
it can be done automatically
in the form you edit, declare a global variable
with default value 1 if the any changes are made to the record.
when you return to your first form
you should chek on the value of the global variable
use go_block/go_item when you return to first form
then in the trigger when-new-block-instance or item instance [[try out..]]
if :global.refresh=1 then execute_query;
:global.refresh:=0;
end if;
Re: update one form upon closing another [message #81767 is a reply to message #81718] Tue, 18 March 2003 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magnetic
maybe there is a navgation to the first item already happening.
if not: try the the when-new-form-instance, try some triggers. try to find out what the current item is when you navigate back..its just all about trying and finding out
Re: update one form upon closing another [message #83118 is a reply to message #81737] Fri, 08 August 2003 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SA
Hi, I just found this message. I have the same problem. My question is when closing the top form, which trigger do you use to run go_block of the first form? Thanks
Re: update one form upon closing another [message #83120 is a reply to message #83118] Fri, 08 August 2003 11:20 Go to previous message
magnetic
when you get back to the first form
you can chose to navigate to a specific item with in the when-new-form-instance i guess.
beware of restrictions of some triggers, they do not accept the go_block function.
it could be that after you get back to the first for, the cursor is positioned at the first naviagble item of the first block. If so you can put a trigger on that item to navigate to some other item. But big chance you should do some action to navigate to the other item. i didnt try this out but its easy to try it out with some triggers on form-level and try also to find out wich is the :system.cursor_item when you get back to the first form.
Previous Topic: Adding fields to Forms in Oracle Apps 11i
Next Topic: two blocks referring same table???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:57:49 CDT 2024