Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » very need a help with insert on child table
very need a help with insert on child table [message #81708] Thu, 13 March 2003 05:10 Go to next message
Solveiga
Hello, mabe somebody could advise in such a problem.

I have 2 tables (for example) T_country (country_id, country_name) and
T_location(location_id, location_name, country_id) there country_id on T_location is a primary key.
When I have a form with two blocks T_country and T_location with that relation between two tables.
all fields are data base field.
How to make an insert into T_location and take that country_id.

You would help me a lot!! I am beginner in creating forms with Oracle Developer.
Thanks a lot
Re: very need a help with insert on child table [message #81709 is a reply to message #81708] Thu, 13 March 2003 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waris
Hi Solvega,

If u create a relation between ur blocks or tables..Country and location...forms will take care to insert ur country id into ur table..u only need insert values for your location table..so the coutry id will be taken from the Country current record what u have inserted..

Cheers
waris
Re: very need a help with insert on child table [message #81714 is a reply to message #81708] Thu, 13 March 2003 23:46 Go to previous message
Solveiga
Thanks a lot! it means there is another problem...because I get an error FRM 40508 can not insert record :)

But I have a planty of time to manage this problem
Previous Topic: Tree structure in Forms builder
Next Topic: technical problem with LOV
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:52:38 CDT 2024