Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » setting record colors
setting record colors [message #81673] Mon, 10 March 2003 12:31 Go to next message
kim
hello,
i have created a data block that contains records with several fields, one being a date field. i would like to set a whole record to be a different color if its date field is a year before the current date. if anyone could help me with this i would appreciate it! thanks. :)
Re: setting record colors [message #81674 is a reply to message #81673] Mon, 10 March 2003 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julie
The only way I know to do it is field by field to set a visual attribute. If it is a detail block, you'd use set_item_instance_property, otherwise you'd use set_item_proterty. I don't know of anyway to do the record as a whole with a songle command.
Re: setting record colors [message #81686 is a reply to message #81673] Tue, 11 March 2003 10:36 Go to previous message
Todd
To set the whole record to a certain color you can : Make a setting in the property pallette for current record visual attribute group(it is in the property pallette at form level located under records). Set a visual attribute to display with a different color, (usually yellow is used to distinguish the current record). Call your newly created visual attribute "current_record" or whatever. Set the "current record visual attribute group" in the property pallette to your visual attribute "current_record". Now everytime you are on the current record in that form, it should pick up the visual attribute you assigned to it in your "current_record" visual attribute, and display the visual attribute settings for you for the whole record, not just one field.
Previous Topic: I WANT TO DISABLE F10 KEY
Next Topic: block based on two tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:39:16 CDT 2024