Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Application Development
Application Development [message #81671] Mon, 10 March 2003 07:09 Go to next message
Paul
Database:Oracle8i 8.1.5 EE
Application: Forms 6i

We have a forms application that was designed to run both within the local network and over a dial-up connection. One form involves a few pages of user input that will insert/update into multiple tables once the user clicks submit (the submit button issues a commit_form). Originally there were no performance issues regarding this 'upload' of data from the form. As the database has grown in size things have slowed down considerably, but only for users over dial-up connections, and only for this Submit. Thus I am assuming it has to do with either the quantity of data transmitted, or the effiency of the transmission resulting from the commit_form.

Any recommendations on how to track down and correct the problem. I am not very familiar with the Oracle tuning tools.
Re: Application Development [message #81678 is a reply to message #81671] Tue, 11 March 2003 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magnetic
since the problem started when data got more, it must be optimization problem.
use the explain plan command to analyze sql statements
depending on the results you probably should build indexes to reduce the respons time of the database

read the oracle documents about the "explain plan"
Re: Application Development [message #81706 is a reply to message #81678] Thu, 13 March 2003 02:26 Go to previous message
Paul
I mentioned that the problem is only for users over dial-up connections. It takes over 30 seconds to Submit. The Submit happens instantaneously for anyone connecting over the local network.
Previous Topic: Ordering a Block...Kindly Help.
Next Topic: Forms Help Needed!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:58:34 CDT 2024