Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Top Urgent [Error in Developer2000 ] forms 4.5 , please help
Top Urgent [Error in Developer2000 ] forms 4.5 , please help [message #81663] Sun, 09 March 2003 06:19 Go to next message
Suhail Shawahneh
Dear All,,,
I have an application designed using Developer2000[[forms 4.5 and Reports 2.5]].
I have a problem in the forms , it is as follow:
the users that are using this application have another application designed using the same version of developer[[forms + reports]] , this {other) application set the nls_lang to (Arabic_America.Ar8msawin) and they (users) set the language in the regional settings to english , when they run my application the language appears arabic and this is good , but what is bad is that the labels and fields are located in the opposit side -i.e left-to-right insted of right-to-lefty - , i don't know why this happens , please help me to vercome this problem , i will highly appreciate your cooperation.
Thanks to all of you in advance.
Re: Top Urgent [Error in Developer2000 ] forms 4.5 , please help [message #81677 is a reply to message #81663] Mon, 10 March 2003 20:35 Go to previous message
waris
Dear Sohail,

Hope this helps you..

All error messages and boilerplate text should be in the same language. When running an application, an end user views messages and boilerplate text from three sources:

n error messages from the server
n runtime error messages produced by Forms Developer
n messages and boilerplate text defined as part of the application

Oracle's NLS handles translation for the first two sources. You, as the application developer are responsible for translating the messages and boilerplate text for the third source.
In general, there are two types of application-specific text you will need to translate:

n translatable text, such as menus, boilerplate text, item labels, messages, and hints
n strings in triggers and procedures, including alerts and messages defined in triggers

Translation Builder helps you translate the 'translatable text' strings in the user interface into multiple languages. You can use Translation Builder to assist with translation for almost all multilingual Forms Developer applications by generating separate binary files for each language.
While Translation Builder helps you find and translate strings in the user interface, it cannot pull out string constants in PL/SQL triggers and procedures. Manual translation is required for constant text within PL/SQL block, because that text is not clearly delimited, but is often built up from variables and pieces of strings.

Cheers
waris
Previous Topic: Developer 6i Memory Leak (BUG)
Next Topic: Re: Very Very Urgent --Report Printing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:48:44 CDT 2024