Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » LOV Cursor Position.
LOV Cursor Position. [message #81553] Sun, 02 March 2003 05:55 Go to next message
CreativePresence
I have a from consisting of a master block & then a detail block, of which the detail block is of a 5 row tabular format. The 1st column is for employee no. & the user can enter the value via 3 methods.
1) manually
2) LOV - Via edit/display list from the default forms toolbar.
3) LOV - via a button on the form.

For method 1 & 2 once the 4 digit figure has been entered the cursor moves to the next column automatically, but for method 3 the value is entered into the column, but then the cursor move from the column, but not to the next column, but to ? i think the LOV button that was originally press. Any ideas why & how i can solve this strange problem?
Thanks in advance.
Re: LOV Cursor Position. [message #81557 is a reply to message #81553] Sun, 02 March 2003 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Avinash Pai
hi CreativePresence !!!

u should explicitly issue

GO_ITEM('TEXT_ITEM_NAME');

in the WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger of your button so that when the user selects a value from LOV the flow will automatically go to the next item as in case of your methods 1 & 2.

your WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger code should look something like this.

declare
val boolean;
begin
val := show_lov('LOV_NAME');
if val then
go_item('next_item');
end if;
end;

all the best.

best regards,
avinash pai
Re: LOV Cursor Position - Solved [message #81561 is a reply to message #81553] Mon, 03 March 2003 06:21 Go to previous message
CreativePresence
Hi Avinash,
That worked a treat, thanks for your assistance.
Previous Topic: Re: Oracle Forms - Calendar - NOW SOLVED
Next Topic: Oracle Forms 6i - Menu Errors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:36:02 CDT 2024