Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Forms - Tabular Data Problem
Oracle Forms - Tabular Data Problem [message #81535] Thu, 27 February 2003 16:10 Go to next message
CreativePresence
I have a tabular table consisting of 5 rows. For some reason, if i select a row & tab through the columns, instead of moving to the next row like a normal table, it just goes back to the beginning of the same row? How come? and how can i resolve this? Additionally, what code would i need to add to a "WHEN_BUTTON_PRESSED" trigger so that the cursor is inserted into the first column of the next empty row, bearing in mind that the form is currently in query mode.

Many thanks in advance if you can help with all or any of my issues.
Re: Oracle Forms - Tabular Data Problem [message #81537 is a reply to message #81535] Thu, 27 February 2003 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JAFOD
1. Check the block NAVIGATION STYLE property, it is probably set to Same Record, which for some reason is the default, and set it to Next Record.

2. While you are in the block property palette, check to make sure the Database INSERT ALLOWED property is set to YES (otherwise you may be unable to navigate to an empty record).

3. In your W-B-P trigger code something like

BEGIN
IF :SYSTEM.LAST_RECORD != 'TRUE' THEN
LAST_RECORD;
END IF;
NEXT_RECORD;
END;
Re: Oracle Forms - Tabular Data Problem [message #81540 is a reply to message #81535] Fri, 28 February 2003 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CreativePresence
Hi, Thanks that worked - simple when you know how. And seems that you know your stuff,would you mind helping me with the other little issues i have? On the same tabular table i have a field called "Emp#", of numberical value with the size of 4 figures. If i enter the 4 figure value in manually it jumps to the next column & allows me to save the insert. But if i use the LOV to insert the value it inserts the value, but places the cursor at the beginning of the value & does not skip to the next column. Also it will then not allow me to save - FRM-40508 - Unable to INSERT record. Do you know why? The "emp#" value is part of a PK but is not being violated with a duplicate value.

Many regards,
Re: Oracle Forms - Tabular Data Problem - Solved [message #81542 is a reply to message #81535] Fri, 28 February 2003 09:10 Go to previous message
CreativePresence
Thanks for your help.
Previous Topic: FORMS 6I: UPDATE PROBLEM
Next Topic: Printing report on Legal Page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 02:30:01 CDT 2024