Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » populate column using parameter table (forms)
populate column using parameter table (forms) [message #81472] Fri, 21 February 2003 04:09 Go to next message
Tina
Hi! One of the columns (items in a block) to be displayed is table name and I want it to be descriptive. So, I created a table with parameter code and parameter description. For example, table name is ALL_CUSTOMERS but I want it to be displayed as ALL CUSTOMERS. I have this entry in my table: parameter code: CUST parameter description: ALL CUSTOMERS.
Every instance of ALL_CUSTOMERS should be changed to ALL CUSTOMERS using the parameter table.
How do I go about it? Thanks!
Re: populate column using parameter table (forms) [message #81478 is a reply to message #81472] Fri, 21 February 2003 09:24 Go to previous message
magnetic
presume that you have the item A [[tablename]] in your block. and it contains the value ALL_CUSTOMERS.
add a new item in the block named B [[non database item]]
to put the description in it.
parametertable is like:
cust
decription

write the next code in for example the post-query [[block-level]]or the when-validate-item [[item-level]]trigger.

select decsription
into :B
from prametertable p
where p.cust=:A;
Previous Topic: oracle forms menu item problem
Next Topic: Oracle Forms Query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:52:07 CDT 2024