Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Urgent: GO_BLOCK not working
Urgent: GO_BLOCK not working [message #81471] Fri, 21 February 2003 03:06 Go to next message
Zaire
Hi GUys,

Can anyone help with this situation? I have a when-button-pressed trigger that has alot of processes. One in particular, it calls a block for which a value must be entered. Based on that value entered it, the code goes on to do other stuff.

My problem is that the block is not called but simply executes the code that follows the go_block command. I included the SYNCHRONIZE command as well but still does not work.

Code e.g.

if :b1.name is null
then
go_block('b1');
end if;
continue_process;

Note: continue_process is executed without me ever seeing b1. I am running Oracle Forms 9i on a 9i database.

Can someone please assist

Thanx
Re: Urgent: GO_BLOCK not working [message #81477 is a reply to message #81471] Fri, 21 February 2003 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magnetic
you should navigate to an item in that block
so add go_item('block.item')
and to test it, add as the next line command
message(:system.cursor_item);pause;
then you will see if it really goes to the item..
Re: Urgent: GO_BLOCK not working [message #81505 is a reply to message #81471] Tue, 25 February 2003 04:33 Go to previous message
Paul
And if you do not want to "continue process" if that item is null, you might want to code it like this:

if :b1.name is null
then
GO_ITEM('b1.name');
MESSAGE('This Item MUST be Entered'); PAUSE;
RAISE Form_Trigger_Failure;
end if;
continue_process;

This will return input focus to b1.name, display a message to let the user know what the problem is (and what they need to do to correct it), and prevent the steps after the END IF from being executed.

Hope this helps,

Paul
Previous Topic: Developer2000
Next Topic: Winhelp file in forms6i ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 05:56:09 CDT 2024