Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How To Store Image File in oracle and reterive on form
How To Store Image File in oracle and reterive on form [message #81454] Wed, 19 February 2003 09:23 Go to next message
Rishi
Hi All!!
How To Store Image File in
oracle and reterive on form

Rishi
Re: How To Store Image File in oracle and reterive on form [message #81457 is a reply to message #81454] Wed, 19 February 2003 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jameel Ahmed
well u can store the image in the database in the following way

1 - make sure that the datatype of column u want to store image in must be of LONGRAW

2 - in the form create an object of image type. set its property as a database item and write the name of table column under database column property.

3- write the following code in when-button-click event or at any event when u want to populate image in the image item
READ_IMAGE_FILE(photo_filename,'TIFF','emp.emppic');

4- commit the form. image shall be stored in database

5- u can retreive the same picture by simply pressing EXECUTE_QUERY;

rgds

Jameel
Re: How To Store Image File in oracle and reterive on form [message #81462 is a reply to message #81454] Thu, 20 February 2003 09:20 Go to previous message
Rishi
Hi Jameel!!
Thanks For reply..u told me how can i read the file from database but first time how i store it in database..is it thru plsql procedure..
Rishi
Previous Topic: Rollback in Forms
Next Topic: How to Call Internet or Web from Oracle Forms6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:40:42 CDT 2024